Website Macquarie Group
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) is a leading global alternative asset manager specializing in four real asset classes: infrastructure, real estate, agriculture and energy. With over 450 professionals globally and two decades of experience, MIRA currently manages ~$100 billion in AUM which includes over one hundred portfolio companies, ~300 properties and ~3.6 million hectares of farmland across 23 countries.
Globally, MIRA has over 400 experienced professionals in 20 countries. MIRA’s sector teams focus on specific investment and asset management opportunities across infrastructure, real estate, agriculture and energy. Their local expertise, knowledge and relationships make them effective managers of MIRA’s investments. MIRA is the largest private owner and manager of infrastructure in the world and a specialist manager of real estate assets in selected markets globally.
In the Americas, MIRA has a well-established track record and more than $20 billion in assets under management. The investment team, including staff based in New York, Mexico City and Sao Paulo, is responsible for investing and managing existing investment vehicles, as well as pursuing new business initiatives.
MIRA is seeking to recruit an Analyst to join its North American Real Estate team. The role will involve working with senior executives across a range of activities including fund formation, asset acquisitions and asset management. The successful candidate will play a key role in a small team and will:
- Have primary responsibility for the financial modeling of real estate portfolio investments
- Be involved in the due diligence, structuring, negotiation and documentation of real estate transactions
- Assist senior management in the negotiation and documentation of joint venture agreements with third party real estate operators and developers
- Assist in the creation of transaction support materials including investment committee memoranda, market research summaries and public/private comparable valuation analysis
- Assist in the identification and execution of appropriate financing strategies for new / existing portfolio investments through a broad range of capital markets options
- Assist in idea generation and research regarding new investment product initiatives
- Participate in the capital formation process with globally-recognized institutional investors and sovereign wealth funds
Our culture reflects the high performing talent we employ paired with a unique opportunity for entrepreneurialism. You will possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills, an interest in investing, and the ability to acquire new skills and/or product and sector knowledge in a fast-paced work environment.
Additionally, you will ideally have:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Investment Banking or Private Equity; to include active experience in advisory, principal investment and real estate disciplines
- Strong quantitative skills including extensive experience with financial models and valuation techniques, Real Estate related sector experience preferred, but not essential
- Highly numerate with a thorough understanding of financial accounting, corporate finance and business reporting
- M&A execution experience preferred, with some exposure to buy-side M&A analysis, due diligence, transaction financing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Word and PowerPoint)
- Initiative, attention to detail and ability to thrive within an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to grow into a senior deal-making role
- Sound business judgment and a pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- Outstanding academic track record in a relevant discipline
We are seeking to fill this role imminently and will progress quickly with potential candidates. Following an introductory phone interview and a first round of initial conversations, candidates will be invited to meet several members of the team in our New York office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/analyst-real-estate-macquarie-infrastructure-and-real-assets-macquarie-group-JV_IC1132348_KO0,60_KE61,76.htm?jl=2435653120&ctt=1512573418265 →