LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client’s experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problems solving, shared accountability, and empowering clients and employees alike to reach their goals with a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measureable results. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities to grow and develop personally and professionally while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
The Centralized Intake Team works with multiple departments to shape the experience clients have when they come into LifeWorks. The Intake Specialist will support youth family clients during the intake and referral process as they transition to arranged services. Specifically, the Intake Specialist will screen for eligibility, conduct intakes and assessments, provide information and referrals, and follow up with clients seeking services within our Housing, Education, and Counseling division programs. Intake Specialists also enjoy opportunities for leadership development, team collaboration to develop systems and process, provide peer and intern support, and participate in bi-monthly meetings for training and team building.
Schedule: 20 hours per week
- Delivers excellent customer service skills while collaborating with a team of Intake Specialists to conduct screenings and intakes over the phone or in person.
- Provides clients with information and referrals to other internal and external programs/agencies.
- Ensures safety of caller and when necessary, refers caller to emergency psychiatric services and/or CPS in compliance with state laws and regulations regarding mandatory reporting.
- Ensures smooth transition between intake and program staff by emailing generated reports to applicable staff members.
- Uses Agency database to enter and maintain case records and documentation as appropriate including all intake information, required assessments, and run necessary reports.
- Maintains client information and confidential client files, in addition to completing follow-ups with clients as required.
- Effectively establishes a therapeutic alliance with clients using skill in building rapport and asking sensitive questions.
- Requires Bilingual in Spanish/English.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science or a related field; and
- Requires 2 years of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficient with Microsoft products, specifically Outlook and Excel.
- Preferably experience working with Customer Relationship Management software.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/jobs.htm?suggestCount=0&suggestChosen=false&clickSource=searchBtn&typedKeyword=Nonprofit organization&sc.keyword=Nonprofit organization&locT=C&locId=1139761&jobType=#easy-apply-module →