MassChallenge Texas seeks an experienced sales person as part of its sales and account management team. This team is charged with securing 50% of overall goal as new revenue in addition to delivering high quality and value to existing sponsorships. Reporting to the Managing Director of MassChallenge Texas, the Director of Partnerships will have goals related to building sales and account strategies and driving success in developing leads, closing sales, and managing client relationships in a hands-on fashion.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable with growth and has the capacity to lead and influence all levels of an organization. The candidate will want to leverage his or her demonstrated management and sales experience in a mission-driven, startup oriented company. A successful candidate will bring a dynamic leadership style and outcome-oriented approach to sales. They will also be passionate about the startup community. In keeping with MassChallenge’s values, the Director of Partnerships will have the opportunity to interact with MassChallenge startups and alumni regularly to help create value for our sponsors and partners in the community. Funding for the program is provided by governments, corporations, foundations, and philanthropists.
- Build an effective regional sales strategy to drive revenue generation
- Develop and implement annual business plan in coordination with MassChallenge Texas’s Managing Director and Partnerships team, and our Global Partnerships team, including projected budget and revenue forecasts
- Close new business, renew existing business, and successfully manage all accounts with a high level of service
- Leverage influence skills to work effectively within the team and across departments to build consensus and to maintain accountability to targets
- Drive site performance, ensuring targets are being met
- Engage with executives and decision makers to maximize all opportunities to close a sale
- Create and share effective sales proposals featuring MassChallenge’s model and past successes for solving corporate innovation & strategy needs
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records of sales and prospecting activities in Salesforce.com
- Effectively manage all aspects of corporate relationships with corporate development, strategy, and innovation teams
- Oversee logistics related to client accounts
- Create a culture of high service, high support, high expectations in working with corporate partners
Texas Team Member
- Work closely with the Managing Director, Partnerships Director and the Community Director to ensure alignment to revenue goals and strategy
- Ensure collaboration across departments and teams to ensure that MassChallenge Texas’s innovation and engagement programs strategically align with the startups in the
- Embody a “servant leadership” style to empower the strengths of all team members
- Participate in staff meetings, training, and ad-hoc projects as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in sales strongly preferred; all, or the majority, should be within Texas
- Bachelor’s degree
- In-depth knowledge of the corporate innovation and strategy trends
- Ability to leverage existing relationships in the greater Austin and Texas business community
- Demonstrated ability to generate leads and close sales
- Documented strengths in meaningful relationship building, management and growth
- A consummate networker who is able to move comfortably and credibly in the community
- Strong attention to detail and managing of the sales pipeline process
- A professional, hands-on, resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- A proactive nature with the ability to be anticipatory, change-oriented and self-initiated
- Ability to collaborate across teams to support startups and resolve issues
- Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic organization with a minimal amount of direction
- Ability to plan, introduce, and lead a process that enables high quality growth
- Ability to lead, a willingness to be led, and comfort with situational leadership
- Exemplary skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel required
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
- An understanding of how organizations can achieve disruptive innovation by partnering with high-potential startups that are identified through the program
Benefits of working with MassChallenge:
Unparalleled significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, employees:
- Gain direct access to the world’s highest-impact startups across all industries
- Gain direct access to the world’s best startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more
- Learn how to optimize the growth of startups across multiple industries
- Take ownership over significant and strategically important projects for a fast-paced, rapidly growing company
How to Apply:
In addition to providing your resume, please include a one page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself by answering the following three questions:
- Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with startups, and why at MassChallenge in particular.
- Why You: Detail why you are a perfect match for this particular job.
- Compensation Requirements: Please tell us your salary expectations. We regret that we cannot consider any candidate who does not provide specific salary requirements.
Please be sure that the cover letter is no longer than a single page.