Website Kiewit Corporation
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Identify and create market strategy that best positions Kiewit for infrastructure work in Illinois/Wisconsin/Michigan/Indiana and surrounding areas (Great Lakes Region), aligning with Kiewit’s Business Goals.
• Create market strategy and reposition Kiewit as the regional market changes.
• Develop, maintain and expand relationships with current and future clients, consultants and other business and community organizations.
• Drive client relationship accountability through the development of account plans and zipper plans.
• Develop and maintain strong Mid-west U.S. industry involvement that is directly beneficial to Kiewit Business Development Plan.
• Create annual business development plan for the Great Lakes Regions infrastructure market sector that meets the overall business goals and update the plan on a regular basis to reflect progress and market changes.
• Incorporate legislative and funding knowledge of U.S. infrastructure business into Plan.
• Work with senior leadership to integrate the plan as part of the Division’s overall Business Plan.
Leveraging and Teaming within Kiewit:
• Collaborate with other groups within Kiewit to implement winning strategies to address business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
• Communicate regularly with pursuit team to ensure that they are informed on significant developments and client issues.
• Maintain and utilize CRM with accurate and complete white papers, capture plans, debriefs, zipper plans and call reports.
• Fully participate in Business Development department meetings to share best practice and review performance.
• Understand pulse of existing projects by meeting with project leaders.
• Qualify potential opportunities early in the Business Development (BD) process and manage the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way, across various stages of the BD process and that BD expectations are met.
• Oversee winning strategies and direct the assembly of proposals and presentations.
• BA/BS degree and 10-15 years of experience within infrastructure industry.
• National infrastructure market awareness with detailed knowledge of Great Lakes Area markets (including clients, competitors, preferred delivery models, current projects and upcoming programs).
• Solid knowledge of construction delivery methods and the construction process.
• Well-read with strong business acumen.
• Understanding of U.S. legislation and political influence on infrastructure business.
• Well respected with track record of success in winning business in challenging markets.
• Ability to influence at senior levels in industry (peers, customers, partners – within and outside of the company).
• Experience working with/within all infrastructure markets agencies, engineering firms and contractors.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and develop winning strategies to secure new and repeat business.
• Proactive and execution-orientated ability to develop business from pursuit through proposal.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and presentation skills.
• Self-starter, demonstrated collaborative team leadership and team building characteristics.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; good listener.
• Ability to travel; based out of Chicago.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=59f37ae581990a05&q=business development manager&l=Chicago, IL&tk=1bl8611lc1e6s4aj&from=web →